There are plenty of routes to market and some owners are happy to operate solo.
However, the rental market is highly competitive; clients require not only high standard properties but well functioning websites and efficient booking systems. A charming response on the telephone and a prompt reply by email and post are essential. Doing all that, frequently against tight deadlines, is why owners choose to benefit from the marketing, office systems and experience of a well qualified agent. In the past we have often taken over from a DIY owner who has then earned more, net of our commission, than they did previously!
- Pretend to be a client; look at brochures and websites.
- Check popular Dorset holiday searches in Google and assess agency rankings.
- Click through to the point of actually booking a property. Is the website helpful and simple or cumbersome and obstructive?
- Ring the office and ask for a brochure check speed of response to the call and brochure arrival. Ring again and ask searching questions about an assumed holiday requirement, e.g. Fussy relations from USA.
Compile a short list of agencies to interview; we are confident it will include us.
The chances are that if your property is right for us then we are right for you. There are very few agencies with such a narrow focus on area, location, property type and quality as ourselves. Our tight property selection criteria ensures that our clientele know exactly what they can expect. Added to that, we are local and proud to be so. Our loyal, well motivated staff live in and love Dorset. It is a family business being run in the second generation by two brothers. Our office Manager has been with the business since the beginning. Our relationship with our owners is personal but always professional. We hope that your agent-checking procedure showed this professionalism.
- A high ranking on all search engines through continual optimisation.
- The best software system available for holiday home agencies.
- Membership of Cottageline, a group of independent agents who market holiday homes across Britain, offering national coverage with local knowledge.
- We own 3 offices outright and have no mortgages or bank loans.
- Have long-standing staff reducing our training costs and increasing our efficiency.
- We re-invest profit in systems that give us greater efficiency wherever possible.
You have 0 saved properties
Everything you need to know
about our cottages...