The way you come to market will be individual to you and we are available to help you from the very start. We can look at potential properties with you online to help you match your needs with those that work best for holiday letting. We can offer advice on planned renovations, recommend trusted local tradespeople and provide estimates on rental returns. This service is absolutely free of any obligation. Whether your dream holiday home takes weeks or years to find we are happy to help every step of the way.
So, it’s yours… what happens next?
As part of our bespoke service to you, we will meet you at the property at the very start of your adventure. Even if there is no roof and the walls are falling down! Our advice is free, so make use of it as many times as you need. From the exciting decisions regarding the layout, decor and furnishing, to the necessary health & safety aspects and Turnstone Assessment requirements, we are happy to offer advice. Let us help you through the many options available to create a home that is both perfect for you and maximises its holiday letting potential. Your aim and ours will be to exceed expectations in all areas of a guest’s experience and getting it right from the start is vital.
When you’re ready
Once you have finished the renovations and decorations and your home is looking at its absolute best it’s time to start the joining process. Once you feel you are ready, we will visit to do a pre-let inspection and go through the paperwork with you. We will also take photographs and make notes for the description of your property on our website. We know that a picture paints a thousand words, so if you, or we, are not happy with the results we will return again and again until we are.
After this visit, we will advise you on any areas highlighted by the pre-let inspection that you need to address prior to letting. We will also present you with the write up for your property. Once we have the signed agreement, authorised write up and you have supplied your own booking requirements for the year, we will then add your property to our booking system and create your web page. Our Turnstone Assessors will then liaise with you to book your inspection. There is a lot to do, but there is no time limit and we are happy to move at your pace. We will never rush you.
Points to consider
Following are some of the options you will need to decide on before coming to market. We will be happy to advise you on all aspects and their potential effect on occupancy and income.
We offer our owners 4 options for accepting short break bookings, these are:
- Short breaks all year – we will accept a short break at any time of year but guests may only book a short break within 2 weeks of their required dates during peak time restrictions*.
- Short breaks all year plus – we will accept a short break at any time of year but guests may only book a short break within 2 weeks of their required dates during school holiday weeks.
- Short breaks November to March – rules as all year (including peak time restrictions) but we won’t accept short breaks at all from the start of April until the end of October.
- Short Breaks not permitted – we will not accept any short breaks.
A short break is any booking that starts on a different day to your chosen changeover day. The minimum duration of a short break is three nights, with a two night option available at your discretion. Bookings in excess of seven nights that start on a changeover day, but do not end on a standard changeover day are also subject to short break rules.
Short breaks are charged at 70% of the weekly rent for a three night stay with each additional night at an extra 10%. The two night option is charged at 65%. The exception to this rule is that we offer four night stays from Monday to Friday for the price of three.
*Peak time restrictions apply from the beginning of June to the end of September and other school holiday weeks outside of this period, i.e. Easter, May/October half-terms and Christmas/New Year.
Each booking is expected to include:
- Bed linen, towels, tea towels and bath mat.
- All utilities.
- Unlimited logs or coal for fires from 1st October to 30th April.
- Cleaning and garden maintenance.
- A welcome pack (i.e. a tea tray with milk and fresh flowers).
- Two week bookings include a full linen change at the end of the first week.
- Christmas and New Year bookings include a decorated tree.
Choosing to accept at least one dog at your property can have a significant impact on the number of bookings that you will receive. Dog owners make up a large part of our database. A big advantage of holidaying in the UK is that they can easily bring their dog (or dogs) with them.
Some key points regarding pets:
- The pet charge is £25 per dog for a full week booking and £20 for a short break. This is commissionable. This charge is intended to cover additional cleaning costs.
- Guests are advised not to leave their dog unattended in a property, allow a dog on the furniture or upstairs and to clean up after their dog in the garden.
- We ask that all dogs have up to date flea treatment.
This may seem like a lot of information and there is a lot to consider, but we are there to help and advise you as much or as little as you need. It all starts with a phone call, so pick up the phone and call us on 01929 401420 to start your adventure.