The way you come to the market will be individual to you and we are available to help you from the very start. We can look at potential properties with you online to help you match your needs to those that work best for holiday letting. We can offer advice on planned renovations, recommend trusted local trades people and provide estimates on rental returns. This service is absolutely free of any obligation. Whether your dream home takes weeks or years to find we are happy to help every step of the way.
So, it’s yours….. what happens next?
As part of our bespoke service to you we will meet you at the property at the very start of your adventure. Even if there is no roof and the walls are falling down! Our advice is free, so make use of it as many times as you need. From the exciting decisions regarding the layout, decor and furnishing, to the necessary health & safety aspects and Turnstone Assessment requirements, we are happy to offer advice. Let us help guide you through the many options available to create a home that is perfect for you, and yet maximises its holiday letting potential. Your aim, and ours, will be to exceed customer expectations in all areas of a guest’s experience and getting it right from the start is vital.
Once you have finished the renovations and decorations and your home is looking at its absolute best, this is the time to call us to start the joining process. During our visit we will go through the paperwork with you and do a pre-let inspection. We will also take photographs and make notes for a description. We know that a picture paints a thousand words, so if you, or we, are not happy with the results we will return again and again until we are. After this visit we will advise you on any areas that have been highlighted by the pre-let inspection that need to be addressed prior to letting. We will also present you with the write up for your property. Once we have the signed agreement, authorised write up and you have supplied your own bookings for the year, we will then add your property to our booking system and create your web page. There is a lot to do, but there is no time limit and we are happy to move at your pace. We will never rush you.
Other Points To Consider
We offer our owners 4 options for accepting short break bookings, these are:
• Short breaks all year – we will accept a short break at any time of year but guests may only book a short break during a peak time restriction* within 2 weeks of their required dates.
• Short breaks all year plus – we will accept a short break at any time of year but guests may only book a short break during school holiday weeks.
• Short breaks November to March – rules as above but no short breaks will be accepted at all from the start of April until the end of October.
• Short Breaks not permitted – we will not accept any short breaks.
A short break is defined as anybooking that starts on a non-standard arrival day. The minimum duration of a short break is 3 nights, with an optional 2 nights option available to owners. Bookings in excess of 7 nights that do not end on a standard changeover day are subject to short break rules. Short breaks are charged at 70% of the weekly rent for a 3 night stay and each additional night at extra 10%, the 2 night option is charged at 65%. The exception to this rule is that Monday to Friday 4 night stays are offered 4 nights for the price of 3.
*Peak time restrictions apply from the beginning of June to end of September and other school holiday weeks outside of this period, i.e. Easter, May/October half-terms and Christmas/New Year.
Each booking is expected to include:
• Bed linen, towels, tea towels and bath mat.
• All utilities.
• Unlimited logs or coal for fires from 1st October to 30th April.
• Cleaning and garden maintenance.
• A welcome pack (i.e. a tea tray with milk and fresh flowers).
• 2 week bookings include a full linen change at the end of the first week.
• Christmas and New Year bookings include a decorated tree.
Choosing to accept at least one dog at your property can have a significant impact on the number of bookings that you will receive. A large part of our database are dog owners, and see that the advantage of holidaying in the UK is that they can bring their dog (or dogs) with them.
Some key points regarding pets:
• The pet charge is £25 per dog for a full week booking and £20 for a short break. This is commissionable. This charge is intended to cover additional cleaning costs.
• Guests are advised not to: leave their dog unattended in a property, allow a dog on the furniture or upstairs and to clean up after their dog in the garden.
• We ask that all dogs have up to date flea treatment.