Dorset is the perfect place for those looking for a romantic, relaxing retreat; with its outstanding natural beauty, you won’t find anywhere better, no matter the time of year. We’ve scoured our fantastic collection of holiday cottages and handpicked our top 10 romantic cottages for two.
Many of our favourites offer added luxuries such as a hot tub, roll-top bath and one even has a swimming pool and tennis court – so why not treat yourself and a loved one to an extra slice of luxury this year and book one of our romantic cottages?
Stags Retreat - Saxon Maybank, near Sherborne
Stags Retreat is a luxury barn which offers everything any couple could wish for – with a wonderful open-plan living space, private hot tub, king-size bedroom, double shower, utility area and sunny terrace with garden furniture.
Situated between Sherborne and Yeovil, it’s just a stone’s throw away from an array of historic houses, panoramic viewpoints and fantastic footpaths.
- Being surrounded by breathtaking Dorset countryside
- Relaxing in the hot tub after a day exploring
- The ‘wow’ factor interior – we can’t believe how spacious it is for two!
The Old Stable, Weymouth
The Old Stable is a bijou bolthole with many original features throughout, creating a stylish retreat. Making the most of every inch of space and incorporating lots of attractive features, function is infused with luxury for the ultimate combination.
Only 3.5 miles from Weymouth, a wealth of shops and eateries await, as well as a stunning coastline. For a breath of sea air, stroll along Weymouth Beach or head to neighbouring Chesil. Why not check out our guide on the top 10 things to do in Weymouth?
- Beautifully converted Grade II-listed former stable
- Enclosed outside seating area for al fresco dining
- Perfectly situated to explore Weymouth and the stunning Jurassic coastline
The Bothy Pool House near Cerne Abbas
The Bothy Pool House is a charming, dog-friendly property in the village of Minterne Magna, about 2 miles away from Cerne Abbas and 10 miles from the county town of Dorchester. The Bothy Pool House is set within the grounds of Minterne House with access to the 27-acre Minterne Gardens included for guests to enjoy.
Ideal for a couple, this delightful property has plenty of space to relax in and is furnished beautifully throughout. If you are planning to bring your four-legged friend with you, be sure to have a browse through our dog-friendly guide to Dorset for a bunch of really useful information!
- Enjoying a dip in the heated outdoor swimming pool or a game of tennis on the lawn tennis court
- The wonderful wood burner for the chillier months
- Its location within the grounds of Minterne House
Three Albury, Charmouth
Situated in the centre of Charmouth, Three Albury is a stylish cottage with boutique-style decor. The property is dog friendly and offers an off-road parking space too.
Close to the Dorset and Devon border, Three Albury is perfectly positioned for exploring Charmouth, neighbouring Lyme Regis and the South West Coast Path. Alternatively, enjoy a hike up the nearby Golden Cap, or check out some of our favourite coastal walks in Dorset.
- Soaking in the wonderful freestanding slipper bath
- Being close to the Jurassic Coast for romantic seaside strolls
- Its central location - close to the beach and a range of village amenities
Dairy Cottages – Pig Cottage, Wimborne Minster
Converted in 2019, this former piggery has been beautifully renovated to provide stylish and inviting holiday accommodation for two people and two dogs. Pig Cottage is extremely spacious throughout, with welcoming wood burner, relaxing hot tub, freestanding bath, Smart TV and BBQ.
Located near Wimborne Minster, Pig Cottage is an ideal base for exploring Dorset and Hampshire. Local activities nearby include golf, fishing and clay pigeon shooting, or you could simply sit back and enjoy the luxuries of this lovely holiday home.
- Soaking in the private wood-fired hot tub
- Relaxing beside the wonderful wood burner
- Ideally located for exploring Dorset and Hampshire
Little Ashleigh, Bridport
Set on a working farm near Bridport, Little Ashleigh is a charming barn conversion with many original features and thoughtful touches throughout. Little Ashleigh also welcomes two dogs and has a lovely, enclosed garden.
Little Ashleigh is within easy access of some of Dorset’s finest gems; the beautiful beaches of West Bay, Lyme Regis and Charmouth are all within 8 miles of the property.
- The lovely, enclosed garden – perfect for four-legged friends or dining alfresco
- The original features throughout this lovingly converted barn
- The wonderful wood burner for the colder months
Coachmans Cottage – Avon, Christchurch
Situated on the outskirts of the New Forest National Park, Coachmans Cottage has a plethora of cycling trails and scenic footpaths nearby for guests to enjoy.
Coachmans Cottage is a converted former coach house which now provides contemporary accommodation for two plus a dog! The property has a lovely courtyard complete with hot tub, BBQ and garden furniture. Its welcoming interior features a chic kitchen, an open-plan lounge/kitchen/diner, and a delightful mezzanine-level bedroom.
- Indulging in a bit of stargazing from the hot tub and private courtyard
- Exploring the landscape of the New Forest National Park and Avon Valley
- The wonderful wood burner and original features throughout
Dorset Nook, Bridport
Located near Bridport, Dorset Nook is a quintessential, dog-friendly cottage which has all you’ll need for a romantic break, including a warming wood burner, countryside views, a pretty private garden and easy access to a range of nearby amenities.
Tucked away at the end of an attractive terrace of cottages, Dorset Nook has a galley-style kitchen, wonderful open-plan lounge/diner and a spacious, king-size bedroom upstairs with an en-suite.
- Its traditional cottage features, including a thatched roof and wood burner
- The easy access to the spectacular Jurassic Coastline and miles of stunning scenery
- The wonderful countryside views to the front and the pretty garden tucked behind the cottage
Lyme Hideout, Lyme Regis
Set in an elevated position above Lyme Bay, Lyme Hideout is a stylish and contemporary eco-friendly retreat for two plus a dog. Lyme Hideout has a wonderful open-plan living space with bi-fold doors which lead from the heart of the home to the outside patio which is perfect for al fresco dining.
The property is within easy walking distance of Lyme Regis town centre, harbour and beach – you won’t need to get in the car for days if you don’t want to! Find out our 12 favourite things to do in Lyme Regis if you need a bit of inspiration.
- The eco-friendliness of this contemporary retreat
- Enjoying long walks with your four-legged friend or cycling along one of the many routes nearby
- Visiting the town centre and exploring the charming harbour, beach and pretty cobbled streets
Little Spinney, Lyme Regis
Little Spinney is a fantastic, dog-friendly rural retreat and is perfect for couples looking for a stylish getaway in a peaceful setting. Beautifully designed with minimalist decor, Little Spinney offers spectacular views across the Rocombe Valley from the enclosed courtyard complete with a BBQ for those warm summer evenings.
Spend your days exploring Lyme Regis and the Jurassic Coast with your loved one and dog before returning for cosy evenings in front of the roaring wood burner – what could be better?
- The peace and quiet of this secluded location
- Admiring the panoramic views across the beautiful Rocombe Valley
- The direct countryside walks from the doorstep or along the river to Lyme Regis
Enjoy a romantic break to Dorset
If you’re tempted to whisk your loved one away on a couple's retreat, you can view our full collection of romantic cottages throughout Dorset here.
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information at the time of writing,
please ensure you check carefully before making any decisions based on the contents within this article.