The school summer holidays are nearly here, but don’t panic! We still have a superb selection of cottages with summer availability. From traditional fishermen’s cottages, contemporary beach houses to converted barns in the Dorset countryside, you’ll find something perfect for your summer escape.
Whether you choose the Dorset coast or countryside, you are sure to experience some of the most beautiful scenery in the country and you’ll need somewhere to return to after long days out on the beach, seeing the sights or spending the day at one of Dorset’s attractions.
There’s also a huge selection of festivals taking place throughout Dorset for visitors to enjoy this summer, whether you fancy sampling some of the delicious local food and drink at one of the food festivals, watching a local band at a music festival or spending a fun filled day at the Dorset County Show.
Take a look through some of our very best Dorset cottages still available this summer, or hit the button below to see all of our last-minute holidays for summer.
Woodbury Meadow Stables, near Dorchester
Set in a peaceful and rural location, Woodbury Meadow Stables is a stylish and detached property with stunning countryside views near Dorchester. With fantastic, sociable spaces both inside and out, this home sleeps six guests across three bedrooms.
This detached stable conversion has been thoughtfully designed and no attention to detail has been forgotten, making this a truly unforgettable retreat.
August weeks available from £2,023 per week.
- The countryside walks direct from the property.
- Visiting nearby West Bay, Lyme Regis and Weymouth.
- Having plenty of space for family and friends.
The Cow Shed, near Sherborne
The Cow Shed is a luxury converted barn sleeping four people, in an idyllic rural location near Sherborne, surrounded by rolling countryside. Part of a small, gated complex of similar properties, The Cow Shed has been presented with the utmost care and attention to detail with a striking and contemporary open-plan living space with a vaulted ceiling.
August weeks available from £1,718 per week.
- The far-reaching views from your own private hot tub.
- The spacious rooms presented in a modern, country style.
- Having both Dorset and Somerset within easy reacj
Gallinae, Melbury Abbas
Amidst the splendid Dorset countryside lies the rural village of Melbury Abbas, where Gallinae, a beautifully restored barn conversion which sleeps up to eight people and two dogs awaits.
Step inside this stunning property and you will find yourself in the well-appointed open-plan living area with far-reaching countryside views. The sofas overlooking the garden are perfect for relaxation, and on warm sunny days, you can open the large glass doors to the patio, making the living space even larger.
August weeks available from £2,658 per week.
- Relaxing in the enclosed garden with a wood-fired hot tub, patio and lawn.
- The wonderful walking routes right from the doorstep.
- Its far-reaching countryside views.
Manor Cottage, Beaminster
Situated in the heart of pretty Beaminster, Manor Cottage is an historic Grade II-listed property sleeping up to six people and two dogs, with original features that blend seamlessly with contemporary comforts and style.
Every room has been decorated with care and attention to create a haven for relaxation. The master bedroom enjoys a roll-top bath, there’s a wonderful wood burner in the sitting room, and the country-style kitchen comes complete with an AGA.
August weeks available from £2,260 per week.
- Unwinding in the private garden, enjoy meals in the spacious dining room or relax beside the wood burner.
- The blend of modern and antique furnishings.
- Its beautiful garden room which is flooded with natural light and overlooks the pretty garden.
Seasons, near Shaftesbury
Set high upon a hill, with breathtaking views across Blackmore Vale, Seasons is a spacious and contemporary property which sleeps four people and two dogs.
The sociable lounge/kitchen/diner is equipped with a modern kitchen set in one corner, a dining area just opposite and comfortable seating beside a wood burner. Outside is a fully enclosed garden, with a BBQ, patio and furniture, with lovely views of the surrounding countryside.
August weeks available from £841 per week.
- The stylish decor and sociable living space - this is an ideal choice for a family break.
- Visiting nearby Shaftesbury, home to Gold Hill and more.
- Spending evenings dining alfresco or with a glass of bubbles overlooking the countryside.
Hardy's View Lodge, Dorchester
Set high up in the Dorset downs, a mile from the nearest main road, with far reaching rural views, Hardy’s View Lodge sleeps up to eight people. A quirky layout gives for a unique stay with large open areas, snooker room, tower, open fireplaces all with magnificent views.
With far-reaching views over the majestic Hardy’s monument towards the glittering sea, this holiday home exudes country house charm and plenty of character.
August weeks available from £3,470 per week.
- Its majestic position overlooking the Frome Valley.
- Getting to know the countryside walks from the doorstep with breathtaking scenery.
- Visiting the seaside resorts of West Bay, Lyme Regis, and Weymouth.
Mallards Barn, Seatown
Tucked away in a peaceful rural setting near Seatown, Mallards Barn is a spacious and stylish detached cottage. Lovingly converted with close attention to detail, this idyllic farm building is perfect for family getaways or special celebrations with friends.
Its proximity to two local pubs (80 metres and 320 metres), shop (160 metres) and the coast under a mile means you’re in an enviable location for a relaxing holiday.
August weeks available from £1,682 per week.
- Having a beautiful beach within walking distance.
- Exploring the wonderful walks along the Jurassic Coast and surrounding countryside.
- The mixture of traditional features with contemporary style.
St Edmunds House, Corfe Castle
St Edmunds House is a beautiful and stylish Grade II-listed stone cottage, which sleeps up to eight people in the heart of the historic village of Corfe Castle. This impressive Dorset property offers a combination of original character and exceptional comfort.
Well-placed for country walks, it is also a superb base for reaching beautiful beaches and pretty coves. There’s so much to see and do in Corfe Castle; click here to read our guide on things to do in the village.
August weeks available from £2,232 per week.
- Its situation in the village of Corfe Castle, ideal for exploring the tranquil countryside of the Isle of Purbeck and coastal walks.
- Enjoying the wonderful beaches of nearby Studland and Swanage.
- Exploring the famous Jurassic Coastline and quaint coves of Kimmeridge and Lulworth.
Stay with us this summer
If you’re tempted to visit Dorset this summer, you can view our full collection of holiday cottages with summer availability throughout Dorset here.
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information at the time of writing,
please ensure you check carefully before making any decisions based on the contents within this article.